Based on air to water heat pump technology, Aquarea is highly efficient and environmentally friendly. It captures heat energy from the ambient air and transfers it to heat the water needed to warm your home, for domestic hot water and even to cool the house if required. In this way, up to 80% of the heat energy required is taken from the ambient air - even in extremely low temperatures.
- Extremely high efficiency with a COP of up to 5.33*
- ErP efficiency rating
- A++ for medium temperature applications (radiators ErP 55°C)
- A++ for low temperature applications (floor heating ErP 35°C)
- 3 & 5kW High Performance models are A+++
- Smart Cloud facilities easy and powerful remote control, monitoring and energy management (using an optional interface)
- Large range of efficient tanks for domestic hot water storage
- Highly reliable thanks to the quality of all components, including the compressor, which are developed and manufactured by Panasonic
- All Aquarea heat pumps can also be connected to a solar thermal or PV system in order to further increase efficiency
- Easy installation - air source heat pumps are simple to install. They do not require a chimney, gas connection, oil or LPG tank. All that is required is a power supply connection
- Smart Bivalent operation will combine different heat sources and use the most appropriate source, depending on user’s preferences and efficiency
- Cascade operation possible for larger installations
*COP (Coefficient of Performance) refers to the ratio of energy used by the Heat Pump to the energy actually input into the water, for example a unit with a COP of 5.08 or 500% will supply 5 kilowatts of energy into water for every 1 kilowatt of electrical power it consumes. In order to maintain this efficiency heat pumps operate at lower temperatures.
Aquarea Heat Pump Models
The Aquarea offers three different alternative technical solutions depending on the property requirements and each is available in a range of ouputs ensuring there is a solution to meet any requirement. Our technical team will advise on the best option for each specific property and will size it accordingly.
- Aquarea High Performance - For new installations and low consumption homes
- Aquarea T-CAP - For extremely low temperatures, refurbishment and innovation
- Aquarea HT - For a house with old high-temperature radiators
The DHW Stand Alone is a domestic Hot Water tank with built-in heat pump which is also available as a solution where heating water exclusively is required.
Heat Pump Formats
The heat pump’s outdoor unit extracts heat energy from the air and transfers this to the refrigerant in the system which is then compressed to raise the temperature. This heat from the raised temperature refrigerant is transferred via a heat exchanger to the heating or hot water depending on requirements. This transfer can be completed within the outdoor unit in Mono-Bloc systems or in the case of a Bi Bloc or All in One system refrigerant pipe connects to an indoor unit and the transfer of heat to water is completed in the indoor unit.