Technical Design with Heat Pumps for Retrofit Homes
Heat Merchants Technical Design Team will provide a full technical design and product specification for the installation of a heat pump into an existing domestic building. This design will be bespoke to each individual property.
Requirements to provide a bespoke design
1. House plans including elevations and cut sections or adequate drawings / sketch showing all dimensions & room types
2. XML file (This is available from your BER Assessor)
3. Listing of all radiator size and type so we can design flow rates to determine if they can be kept or if they need to be changed (if the dwelling has underfloor heating it is deemed to be suitable for heat pump application)
SEAI Heat Pump Grant Requirements
SEAI grants to the value of €3,500 are available for the installation of air to water heat pumps with a further €200 available towards the required technical assessment. In order to assist installers with the grant application process we will complete all the technical information and calculations on the designer installer tab on the SEAI file for the grant application which can then be signed off by the contractor.
1. House must be built before 2011
2. Technical assessment must be conducted by an SEAI Registered Technical Advisor
3. Heat Loss Indicator (HLI) value is the total heat loss per m2 of dwelling floor area. A minimum HLI of 2 Watts/Kelvin/m2 must be achieved however in some cases, where upgrades may not be cost- optimal, a value of HLI up to 2.3 Watts/Kelvin/m2 can
be accepted provided additional requirements are met.
4. Replacement of heat pumps fitted before 2011 can qualify for the SEAI grant
Additional SEAI Better Energy Home Grants
Additional grants under the SEAI Better Homes Scheme include Solar Photovoltaic, Electric Vehicle charge point installation, heating controls upgrade and insulation upgrade. If you complete three upgrades your grant value will be increased by €300. If you complete four upgrades your grant value will be increased by an additional €100. If you are doing a major renovation of your home and want to significantly improve the energy rating, the Deep Retrofit Grant may be relevant.