Mechanical Services Design Process
Our technical design require the following information in order to provide a complete design proposal which is a bespoke design according to the specific requirement of the building.
- Fully completed questionnaire outlining your requirements email your local branch or firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the questionnaire
- Full set of building drawings including cut sections & elevations
- Preliminary BER report and DEAP xml files for dwelling
Once these documents are received and reviewed, the design request will be followed up by a telephone conference and if necessary a site visit by one of our design engineers and within 2 weeks we will return the required technical design documentation and schematics which includes
- Design of all mechanical services in dwelling
- Schedule of plant or material required
- Design that is in compliance with current building regulations
- If required indicative piping and ventilation layouts
- Operation & maintenance manuals for all the products used in design
- Design covered by Professional indemnity Insurance
- Heat Merchants will sign off on project as the Ancillary Certifier on design
Professional Indemnity Insurance
The design provided is covered by Professional Indemnity if installed as per specifications based on the information provided. Any changes in dimensions, U-Values will require the calculations to be amended.
All calculations are based on SR50-1:2010 Code of Practice for Building Services and the design provided will be compliant with Part L of the Building Regulations.
Additional Technical Services
Heat Merchants can provide a commissioning service for products used in the design of the building’s mechanical services. The Building Regulations require that the heating and hot water systems have been adequately commissioned and emphasise the importance of commissioning in creating a heating system that is compliant with the regulations, energy efficient and cost effective. Commissioning refers to the processes of bringing the systems into operation; their regulation; the setting up of associated control systems; plus the recording of the final settings and the final system performance. There are additional charges for these services.
Heat Merchants will provide ancillary certification for the mechanical services specified. This is a compliance requirement to certify that the mechanical services in the dwelling meets building regulations and is in compliance with the original design.
Installer Training & Technical Support
Heat Merchants will provide free training, technical support and after sales service for installers of any of the products adopted in the design of the dwelling.