Who should sign up
This course is ideal for qualified plumbers who wish to up-skill and become installers of packaged heat pump systems for the domestic and small commercial sector.
It delivers the fundamental principles for the understanding, specification and installation processes of heat pump systems for the heating and cooling of buildings.
It will also enable installers to register as a Heat Pump Installer with the SEAI.
This is a single stand alone module worth 5 Credits at QQI Level 6.
- Environmental and economic arguments for the installation of heat pump systems
- Relevance of structural insulation, alternative & complimentary energy saving technologies
- Working principles of heat pump technology
- Calculation & specification of heat pump systems
- Heat and hot water distribution methods, integration and control
- Installation, commissioning & fault finding a heat pump installation
- Resources & responsibilities associated with heat pump installations
Continuous assessment and preparatory work will be required.
Email access required as course content and support will be available by email.
Level 6 Advanced Certificate Craft in Plumbing or equivalent. Practitioners with a background in related fields of technology and a number of years relevant experience may also be considered .e.g. members of RGII/OFTEC/Safe Electric